- This event has passed.
Healthy Congregation Workshop #3
May 20 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
The third Healthy Congregation Workshop follows the first two workshops in providing a deeper understanding of the qualities and traits of healthy congregations. This workshop will be held on Saturday, May 20, 2017, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, Williamsport. The third workshop focuses on healthy leadership in healthy congregations. This workshop will give insights that will:
- Equip leaders to promote health through their presence and functioning.
- Equip leaders to challenge people.
- Equip leaders to build resilience in their congregation for the sake of mission.
Together, the six Healthy Congregation workshops enable leaders to:
- Gain a renewed sense of mission and vision.
- Cultivate strong leadership capacities to challenge the congregation.
- Learn how to develop healthy patterns of living together in community.
- Learn to focus on strengths, resources and options for the future.
- Boost confidence in responding to challenges and opportunities.
- Learn how to lead calmly and with thoughtfulness.
- Reflect theologically about relationships.
- Move the congregation toward even healthier functioning.
Please sign up at the synod office either by emailing or calling. The cost is $20 per person. The fee includes workbook and lunch. Registration deadline is May 8.